(A) Permitted Uses. Only uses having a low flood-damage potential and not obstructing flood flows shall be permitted within the floodway district to the extent that they are not prohibited by any other article. All encroachments, including fill, new construction, substantial improvements and other developments must be prohibited unless certification by a professional registered engineer or architect is provided demonstrating that encroachments shall not result in any increase in flood levels during occurrence of the base flood discharge. No use shall increase the flood levels of the regulatory flood elevation. These uses are subject to the standards contained in Section 18-104 and Section 18-105 of this article. The following are recommended uses for the floodway overlay district.
(1) Agricultural uses such as general farming, pasture, nurseries, forestry.
(2) Residential uses such as lawns, gardens, parking and play areas.
(3) Non-residential areas such as loading areas, parking, airport landing strips.
(4) Public and private recreational uses such as golf course, archery ranges, picnic grounds, parks, wildlife and nature preserves.
(5) In Zone A unnumbered, obtain, review and reasonably utilize any floodway data available through federal, state or other sources or Section 18-105 of this article, in meeting the standards of this section.